Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum marks : 100
Note : Answer all the questions neatly and legibly.
- I. Answer all the questions: (20×2=40)
- 1. Express the appropriate greeting for the following situations:
a) To someone appearing for an examination
b) To someone you meet for the first time
- 1. a. All the best (1)
b. Hai! How are you (1)
…. ….. ….
Time Allowed: 3 Hours] [Maximum Marks: 100
- Answer all the questions : 20×2=40
- Draft an SMS text for the following content :
Ask your friend to call you later as you’re now in a meeting.
N mtng cal latr (or) any other relevant answer
- Pick out the nouns in the following sentence and classify them :
Archer’s latest novel is entitled Paths of Glory.
Archer – Proper Noun
Novel – Common Noun
Paths of Glory – Proper Noun
1. Illustrate the uses of definite article ‘THE’.
The definite article ‘THE’ is used, when the object or group of objects is unique.
The Earth, The Moon, The Sun, The Equator etc.,
The definite article ‘ THE’ is used , when we refer to some particular person or thing.
The house I have bought is big.
The definite article ‘THE’ is used, when a … … ….
… …. click the title below for further notes in pdf format:
5 Marks Questions in CONTENT part Grammar_Usage
5 marks Questions for the Part A: Practical Language Skills annexed
Click over the title below
5 Marks Questions:
1. Write an activity at discussion stage for the students in the teaching of a poem.
In the discussion stage the teacher need not explain every word or every line. To make the students understand the meaning of the poem, simple questions may be asked. Poetry is for appreciation. So, understanding of the poem is important. The teacher can show relevant teaching learning material to elicit the answer. In the poem coromondal fishers, the teacher asks questions in the discussion stage like,
What are the catamaram?
How do fishermen go in to the sea?
What do fishermen got from the sea ?
The teacher can show pictures to elicit the answer.
2. How shall children be guided to appreciate a poem in 5th standard?
Poetry is memorable and eloquent speech. The poet spoke to us through his poem. The message of the poem is more important. Presentation of the poem should be done orally through speech. There is a delight in listening to poetry rhyme and rhythm appeal mainly to the ears. The teacher helps his students to… …. … …
5 MARK QUESTIONS
- Write any five objectives of learning vocabulary
- To know a word in L2 and recognize it in its spoken and written from.
- To recall the words
- To use the words in the correct form.
- To pronounce the words.
- To speak correctly.
- To spell it clearly
- To use in the correct collocation.
- Write the four techniques which can be used by a teacher in higher classes
- …. ….. …
click on the heading to download notes in pdf format: —>
Kindly check / click the title(s) for downloading the Important Questions in English Teaching for D.T.Ed., / D.El.Ed., First Year.
“ Writing is a purposeful selection and organisation of experience – Nancy Arapoff. ”
– Writing is the most creative language skill.
– Handwriting reflects the writer’s personality. It is the most difficult of the language abilities to acquire.
– According to French, F.G. writing skill is to be considered from two different point of views:
a) As penmanship or simple handwriting.
b) As a form of exercise in learning the language.
The child requires certain skills and practice when it starts learning to write. There are two methods of learning writing. They are synthetic method and the analytic method. In the synthetic method the strokes and forms common to most letters are taught. This method begins with the simpler tasks and proceeds to complex letters. In the Analytic method writing starts with words. The word being a meaningful unit the pupil is interested in writing. … … …
Click below for the further notes on Teaching Writing in English ( in pdf file)