1. Mention the four types of sentences.
There are four types of sentences in English. They are:
(i) Declarative or Assertive or Statement sentence.
(ii) Interrogative or Question sentence.
(iii) Imperative sentence.
(iv) Exclamatory sentence.
2. Define Declarative sentence and Interrogative sentence.
Declarative sentence is used to make a statement or assertion.
Interrogative sentence is used to ask a question.
3. Define Imperative sentence and Exclamatory sentence.
Imperative sentence is used to express a command, advice, and entreaties.
Exclamatory sentence is used to express strong feelings.
4. Give an example for Declarative sentence.
Ram is a boy.
The sky is blue.
5. Give an example for each type of Interrogative sentence.
Wh- Type: what is your name?
Yes or No Type: Are you ready?
- What are the three types of Tenses in English?
a] Present Tense, b] Past Tense, c] Future Tense.
- Name the four kinds of Present Tenses.
A] Simple present, b] Present Continuous or Present Progressive
c] Present Perfect d] Present Perfect continuous
3. Name the four types of Past Tenses.
Past Continuous ,
Past Perfect Continuous
4. Name the four forms of Future Tenses.
Future Perfect Continuous.
5. Name the four situations for the use of Simple Present Tense.
Present Tense is used to express a habitual action.
Present Tense is used to express some general or universal Truth.
Present Tense is used to express a future action.
Present Tense is used to express what actually happens at the time of speaking.
6. Express one of the uses of Present Continuous Tense with an example.
The Present Continuous Tense is used to represent an action that is going on at the time of speaking. Ex: It is raining.